Lee Kuan Yew Global Business Plan Competition
Uniwersytet Wrocławski jest partnerem 11 edycji międzynarodowego konkursu startupowego Lee Kuan Yew Global Business Plan Competition organizowanego w Singapurze. Pula nagród w tegorocznej edycji wynosi 2 mln USD i jest adresowany do studentów i absolwentów do 5 lat po zakończeniu studiów. Konkurs odbywa się w formule on-line, zgłoszenia w języku angielskim można przesyłać do 31 marca 2023 r. Szczegółowe informacje w języku angielskim znajdują się poniżej.
On behalf of SMU Institute of Innovation & Entrepreneurship (IIE), we would like to share about the launch of our marquee event, The 11th Lee Kuan Yew Global Business Plan Competition (LKYGBPC), Asia’s largest university startup challenge with the chance of winning up to $2M worth of prizes.
Call-for-application is now open till 31st March 2023.
Themed “Innovations Beyond Boundaries”, the 11th edition of the biennial LKYGBPC brings together the best and brightest minds from around the world to address challenges of the 21st century and reimagine a smart, sustainable and resilient future. This year, LKYGBPC is looking for new innovators from around the world to come up with ideas and solutions across five areas of focus:
1. Urban Solutions and Sustainability
Carbon Capture Technologies, Circular Economy, Green Economy Technologies, Energy & Grid, Air, Water and Waste Management, AgriTech, FoodTech, Food Safety, Built Environment, PropTech and Sharing Economy
2. Smart Nation & Digital Economy
Smart Citizen, Smart Governance, Cybersecurity, Blockchain Technology, EdTech, LegalTech, FinTech, InsurTech, HRTech, eCommerce
3. Manufacturing, Trade & Connectivity
Industry 4.0, Supply Chain & Logistics Tech, Transportation & Mobility
4. Human Health & Potential
Digitech, HealthTech, MedTech, Precision Medicine, Life Sciences & BioTech
5. Media & Entertainment
Metaverse, Web 3.0 Impact on Social Media and D2C, Immersive Technology, Future of Gaming and Game-Fi
*Check out the full listing for areas of focus here. Note that the focus areas are not meant to be exhaustive.
Benefits of Joining LKYGBPC?
Application is FREE. By joining the competition, you stand a chance to:
- Win up to S$2 million worth of prizes
- Receive complimentary flight and accommodation for top 50 finalist teams to attend BLAZE (Finals Week) in Singapore
- Engage in intergenerational conversations with C-suite level mentors from MNCs and government agencies who can open doors for you in the region
- Network with top student founders around the world and recruit talented youths in Singapore at the largest campus movement on innovation among Universities in Asia
- Learn about opportunities in Singapore for founders around the world via Changemaker Conversations, Site visits and Immersion Activities
Who is eligible to participate in LKYGBPC?
- Each team or startup must have at least a founding member or founder, who is a current student or recent alumni of less than 5 years.
- “Current student” is defined as any person who is enrolled in a full-time polytechnic, undergraduate, postgraduate, or PhD programme at a tertiary institute.
- “Recent alumni” is defined as any person who graduated or left school or took a sabbatical after 1 January 2019.
- There is no restriction on the number of members in a team or company.
How to join LKYGBPC?
- Sign up for an account on the Application Website here.
- Create Teams and get your co-founders registered
- Submit pitch decks anytime from now till 31 March 2023.
If you are keen to find out more, check out Roadshow Calendar here and connect with us in person.
Upcoming roadshows in Europe
Belgium (Leuven): 8 Nov 2022
UK (London): 11 Nov 2022
France (Paris): 14 Nov 2022
Finland (Helsinki): 17 Nov 2022
Estonia (Tallinn): 22 Nov 2022
Germany (Vallendar): 25 Nov 2022
Not a student or recent alumni?
You can still join us in this innovation movement the following ways:
- Join our International Judging Panel
Want to preview some of the innovative pitch decks that come through to the LKYGBPC? Submit your interest and profile to email@example.com. Successful applicants will be invited to join our International Judging Panel.
- Partner us to co-organise LKYGBPC Roadshows
See value in having students in your university join the LKYGBPC? We would love to co-organise information sessions and interactive roadshows with you. Drop us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you ASAP!
- Share the news as our Community Partner
We’ve prepared a marketing kit for you with a full set of collaterals you can add to your website, newsletter and social media channels. We seek your kind assistance to share it with your community and any other relevant parties in your extensive network.
We created a new social media account on LinkedIn to document this journey we’re going to take around the world. So, follow and like us to keep abreast of latest developments and start-ups we uncovered on the LKYGBPC.
Otherwise, visit our official website for more information www.lkygbpc.smu.edu.sg.